ARMORIK 10 year-old 2023 edition 46%
Discover the new limited edition Armorik 10 year-old Edition 2023.
This edition marks the first mention of age in the Armorik range and represents the fruit of 25 years of know-how and expertise of its cellar master. This is an exceptional whisky aged for 10 years in oak barrels that offer complex aromas of dried fruits, vanilla, honey and sweet spices.
The Armorik 10 year-old Edition 2023 is a rare whisky, from a careful selection of 8 barrels, which reveals the richness and diversity of the Breton terroir.
Nose: Expressive and greedy, it develops on apricots, muscat and mango. Gourmet notes follow, on toasted almonds and candied orange.
Palate: A fresh and round mouth recalls the fruity Armorik with yellow peach and exotic fruits. The sweetness continues with notes of honey, maple syrup and orange blossom.
Finish: Long, floral (jasmine), the finish oscillates between spices and slightly smoky notes.
The Armorik 10 ans Edition 2023 is a rare whisky, from a careful selection of 8 barrels, which reveals the richness and diversity of the Breton terroir:
- Casks 3351 and 3352: 9 years in bourbon casks then 4 years in Spanish oak sherry refill. Exotic fruits and a touch of smoke
- Casks 5261, 5262 and 5263: 10 years in first fill bourbon casks. Sweet and apricot
- Cask 3555: 3 years in bourbon casks then 7 years in Pedro Ximenez 1st fill casks. Complexity and ripe grape
- Cask 3707: 8 years in bourbon barrels then 2 years in American oak sherry barrels. Sherry notes and roundness
- Cask 3868: 8 years in bourbon casks then 2 years in Spanish oak sherry casks. Spicy and oaky
Armorik was born in Brittany at the Warenghem Distillery. Founded in Lannion in the Côtes d'Armor, on the Côte de Granit Rose, the independent and family distillery for over 100 years produces a single malt Breton whisky, produced from French barley, the distillery’s spring water and distillation in two traditional stills.